Bernhard Fienhage opened a cartwright’s workshop at the site still occupied by the present company in 1900. With the market for farm carts and carriages shrinking, the founder’s son Hans Fienhage (pictured on the right) took over the firm in 1955 and transformed it into a supplier of silos.
The company continued to grow during the years that followed. As the firm’s senior partner, Hans Fienhage continued with silo construction, while Hans-Jürgen Fienhage began to manage the production of laying nests for the alternative hen-keeping sector in 1987. This venture into a new branch of business also worked out well, requiring a radical restructuring of the company.